How do digital x-rays work?
Similar to traditional x-rays, we place a sensor that is about the size and shape of a normal x-ray film inside your mouth. After a quick x-ray, a scanner sends signals to a computer that are translated into electronic pictures of your teeth, supporting bones, and gums.
Why do we use digital x-rays?
- The patient receives approximately 50% less radiation than with traditional x-rays.
- We get larger, more detailed images to help diagnose more accurately.
- We can share the x-ray image with patients on our in room monitor to explain areas of concern or answer questions.
- There is no developing involved, so no harmful chemicals are used.
- The digital x-rays can be enlarged for clarification, and are stored in your file for future reference.
- Immediate results from digital x-rays means less time developing x-rays and more time spent with the patient.
- Digital x-rays can be submitted along with dental insurance claims to expedite the reimbursement process.
Call (214)-436-5122 today for Family Dental Care Frisco TX.